Click to Home

Go To Search
Connect with Us
Protection from Abuse
How Do I seek Protection from Abuse?

The protection from abuse process is designed to provide quick and immediate protection.  However, the process may require time, expertise, or more than one court hearing.  IF YOU ARE IN IMMEDIATE FEAR FOR YOUR SAFETY, ALWAYS CALL LAW ENFORCEMENT!

If you have questions, you should seek help from an attorney or victim services advocate.  The Kansas Crisis Hotline (1-888-363-2287) or Kansas Legal Services (1-800-723-6953) may be able to help you find an attorney or advocate. 

You will need to go in person to the Clerk of District Court office to seek a protection order.  Their contact information appears on the right.

The following resources are available to you and may assist you as you prepare to visit District Court seeking protection:

Protection from Abuse Forms link

Civil Information Sheet  


Mon-Fri  8am-12 & 1pm-4
100 E. 4th - P.O. Box 305
Garnett, KS 66032


Mon-Fri 8am-12 & 1pm-4
110 S. 6th - Suite 102
Burlington, KS 66839


Mon-Fri 8am-12 & 1pm-4
301 S. Main
Ottawa, KS 66067


Mon-Fri 8am-12 & 1pm-4
717 Topeka Avenue
P.O. Box 549
Lyndon KS 66451
fax(785) 828-4704