I Want To...
Click to Home

Go To Search
Connect with Us
What is the minimum size parcel that can be built on?
The minimum acreage size to construct a residence in the unincorporated areas of Franklin County is 3.00 acres as long as you can meet the setback requirements and your on-site wastewater system will fit on that 3.00 acre tract. If, after you have had a soil profile test done, you find out you need to install a wastestabilitization pond (lagoon) it requires a minimum 5.00 acres.

Planning and Building

Show All Answers

1. What is the minimum size parcel that can be built on?
2. How close to a property line can I construct a house?
3. How is my property zoned? What uses are allowed on the property?
4. Can a second dwelling be constructed on a piece of property?
5. Can I build in the floodplain?
6. What work requires a permit?
7. How long is a building permit valid for?
8. What do I need to submit to obtain a building permit?
9. What is a site (plot) plan?
10. What are the fees for building in Franklin County?
11. When are plans required to be prepared or be sealed by an architect or engineer?
12. What work requires licensed contractors?
13. What codes have been adopted by Franklin County?
14. Where can I obtain a copy of the Building Codes adopted by Franklin County?
15. What are the minimum requirements before a new residence can be occupied?
16. When will I get my Certificate of Occupancy?
17. Can I build an addition onto my manufactured home?
18. Where can a manufactured home be placed in Franklin County?