If you would like to be added to a list to get the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as it is available to you, call (785)229-3531.
The COVID-19 vaccine has reached Franklin County and administration of the vaccine has begun. Franklin County must follow the State of Kansas’ phased approach to administer the vaccine. The phases are as follows:
Phase 1A -
- Healthcare personnel paid and unpaid, who are likely to be exposed to or treat people with COVID-19 or infectious materials and are unable to work from home.
Phase 1B -
- People at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19, including those with underlying medical conditions such as cancer, chronic kidney disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, heart conditions, obesity, sickle cell disease, smokers or those with a history of smoking, and type 2 diabetes.
- People 65 years of age and older.
- Other essential workers.
- Long-term care residents.
Phase 2 -
- Remainder of Phase 1 populations and start general population.
Phase 3 -